Tuesday 5 August 2014

Garden Party Dress | and not giving up





There are 2 patch pockets, they are just well-camoflaged....!

Zip neatness :)
This is a new-old dress. So I actually made this dress a while ago, from an old Simplicity pattern and this floral print cotton, which reminded me of Liberty print but was cheap as chips. The original pattern is a 60's shift dress with an interfaced neckline detail and optional 3/4 sleeves, which I've not described terribly well but is a nice-fitting pattern I have used before.

I had made the sleeved version, tried it on again earlier this summer and thought what in the name of.... I looked like I was wrapped in a nanna's tablecoth and it was as frumpy as all out- I actually stuck it in my fabric box. However, I went back to it and realised my neckline and my zip were pretty nice and it would be a shame to undo all that effort, so over a period of time, I unpicked the sleeves, finished the sleeveless armholes off and took the hem up. I used the sleeves to make some little patch pockets, which are actually almost invisible on the photo but I so like them. I have worn it alot in the recent hot weather so it's made me realise I don't always have to start from scratch to make something 'new' to wear....

No comments:

Post a Comment