Saturday 26 April 2014

The £2.50 Dress



During my jaunt to the Knitting & Stitching Show, I was already very happy with my By Hand London pattern and some lush fabric, but I couldn't walk past a stall selling off cheap jersey fabric. Then I saw stripes and it would've been rude not to....

Initially I thought this would make a cool slouchy top but was a tad concerned it was going to look a bit Freddy Krueger. Not the kind of leisure wear look I could relax in ;) But I have since persuaded myself it is more of a lavender/grey- with brown stripes and therefore totally appropriate- and I had enough to make a nice t-shirty shift dress too.

Not bad at all for £2.50- who said that making your own clothes meant missing out on cheap treats?! I had better not wear anything red with it though.... :)

1 comment: