Friday 11 April 2014

By Hand London first impressions | A Ladybug 'Anna'





A first attempt at a By Hand London pattern. I was excited to meet these lovely ladies at the Knitting & Stitching Show and the Anna pattern was one of my treats from the day. With my final batch of polka dot cotton, I decided to cut out a run-through version, using version 3 & the v-neck bodice from version 2. I only planned to cut out the pattern pieces but ended up sewing up the whole bodice in no time- I’m now looking forward to attaching my skirt pieces and finishing it off! It already feels as if it would be fabulous to swish around in with pretty shoes and red lipstick :)

The pattern is easy to follow, with plenty of scope for variation and you even get a lovely label to stitch into your finished first dress. The prices are reasonable, considering the quality so I really want more of their patterns now- am already dreaming of a Charlotte skirt!

They have a great blog too with some tips, link here.


No comments:

Post a Comment