Sunday 9 March 2014

Colette Laurel 03 | Floral Jersey edition

A third Laurel dress and even more jersey fabric on sale. This dress cost £8 in total so it would have been rude not to! 


So lessons learned here: don't cut a dress out when you are tired or preoccupied. Particularly this kind of material-  a synthetic jersey which was a pain to sew with. 

Second lesson: I also need to take my measurements and fit my clothes much better; this dress ended up way too big. It was a nightmare to limit stretching, even with bias binding and stay-stitching, but still. I ended up shortening it and taking it in at the sides so it looks much better now I think. All in all, it is a lovely work dress but I might stick to cotton jersey fabrics in the future.

£8 though... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment